Monday, July 18, 2011

Wedding Dress

Some of you may know that I recently made my first wedding dress before I left for Cedar City. It was a lot of hard work and super intimidating, but it was a dream come true for me. Ever since I was in junior high I've been drawing wedding dresses on scraps of paper and dreaming of designing and making them.

Then one day a girl in my last ward, who I hardly knew, approached me about making her wedding dress. I was hesitant at first, since I've never done it before. But after talking to my costume design professor and hearing her vote of confhttp://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifidence in me, I took this opportunity.

It was crazy and sometimes I felt like I was out of my mind for taking on such a big job. BUT it turned out beautiful, she loved it, and I learned so much. The craziness it added to last semester was worth it. I'm glad I got it done before I left for Cedar City. Originally I was going to have three weeks after the semester ended to finish it, but then I got my job at the Shakespeare Festival and that gave me a week to finish it after finals. Let me just say that week was kind of insane and I finished it at 5 pm the night before I left. Yikes! But it was done and it worked and I was so pleased.

After all this explanation, here's the link to her photographer's blog, since so many people have requested pictures. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment