Thursday, September 15, 2011

My New Book

Yesterday I was gifted the beautiful book, Fashion: A History from the 18th to the 20th Century from the Kyoto Fashion Institute.  I am in love with this book.  I've been wanting this book and a kind lady in the costume construction class I TA for offered it to me, because she had two copies.  I was so excited!


Let me show you why.  Here are some examples of the gorgeous costumes shown in the book: 






And these aren't even the best pictures. So many gorgeous things to look at. It makes me want to drop everything and try to recreate one of these beauties.

Being a sewing TA sure is working well for me. A new book, relearning good technique, inheriting a dress form (so it's a girls size 10, but it's better than nothing!) This crazy, busy semester happens to also be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment