A sneak peak of the pelisse (coat from the regency period) I just made.
I thought I'd give you a little update on my life, since you haven't gotten much lately. So here is my life as of late:
- I've been accepted to work at the Shakespeare Festival again and am super excited. I love Cedar and the wonderful costume shop. And they just announced they're doing Les Miserable which will be beautiful and incredible. I'm so excited.
- I spend a lot of time looking for housing for Jen when she gets back
- I finished the first draft of that 10 page research paper I talked about
- I finished my pelisse (collar pictured above) I was making for my Historic Costume class. I've decided I like to make things more complicated than they need to be. I could have made a simpler dress, or done renderings for a show, but no, I had to make a coat and adapt the pattern and learn new sewing techniques. Yay for lots of learning, but no yay for staying up till 3:30 am trying to finish it. Luckily I had time to finish detail work on the bus and before class. I finished just in time! It was a pain, but i do think it turned out nice, especially the trim on the collar, as pictured.
- I watched "Little Dorrit" a BBC adaption of Charles Dickens book and all 7.5 hours of it are worth it. I watched it while I sewed and fell in love with the characters. The hero and heroine are so good and I just love them.
- I had a too sweet week. As of August I only eat one serving of refined sugar a week, and this week I was naughty. I had a brownie, ice cream, a 1/4 of a doughnut and two very sweet waffles, but not in one day. It was at least over 3 days. So here is my confession to you all. Yes, I feel guilty. And my body is wishing I didn't do it as well. I guess I've trained my body not to handle sugar because I started shaking after my 2 waffles. Tomorrow I'm going to be good again.