Sunday, November 20, 2011

Life as of Late

A sneak peak of the pelisse (coat from the regency period) I just made.

I thought I'd give you a little update on my life, since you haven't gotten much lately.  So here is my life as of late:
  • I've been accepted to work at the Shakespeare Festival again and am super excited.  I love Cedar and the wonderful costume shop.  And they just announced they're doing Les Miserable which will be beautiful and incredible.  I'm so excited.
  • I spend a lot of time looking for housing for Jen when she gets back 
  • I finished the first draft of that 10 page research paper I talked about 
  • I finished my pelisse (collar pictured above) I was making for my Historic Costume class.  I've decided I like to make things more complicated than they need to be.  I could have made a simpler dress, or done renderings for a show, but no, I had to make a coat and adapt the pattern and learn new sewing techniques.  Yay for lots of learning, but no yay for staying up till 3:30 am trying to finish it.  Luckily I had time to finish detail work on the bus and before class.  I finished just in time!  It was a pain, but i do think it turned out nice, especially the trim on the collar, as pictured.
  • I watched "Little Dorrit" a BBC adaption of Charles Dickens book and all 7.5 hours of it are worth it.  I watched it while I sewed and fell in love with the characters.  The hero and heroine are so good and I just love them. 
  • I had a too sweet week.  As of August I only eat one serving of refined sugar a week, and this week I was naughty.  I had a brownie, ice cream, a 1/4 of a doughnut and two very sweet waffles, but not in one day.  It was at least over 3 days.  So here is my confession to you all.  Yes, I feel guilty.  And my body is wishing I didn't do it as well.  I guess I've trained my body not to handle sugar because I started shaking after my 2 waffles.  Tomorrow I'm going to be good again.  
So there you have it, my random doings as of late.  I hope you enjoyed.

Love,

Valerie

No comments:

Post a Comment