Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A lovely Day

This is the adorable jacket I made today at work.



It's for Marian and will go with a pretty green skirt for the "Marian the Librarian" sequence, I believe. I think it is absolutely adorable and want to make one for me now!

I love that I can just sit down for several hours and practically complete a project. So much better than only having a couple hours at a time to make something (like what I did when I was making that wedding dress). Hooray for consistency of time and great coworkers who teach me so much! I now know how to do so many more alterations - like lengthening or shortening sleeves on a suit jacket and taking pants in. Such great practical skills. I love my job : )

After work, my roommates and I went to this awesome antique store. They had lots of antique hats for a really good price. I couldn't resist, and neither could my roommates. I bought two adorable hats.





At first, I was just going to buy the second one (although not practical at all, but I'll find an occasion to use it!), but then I found the first one. I thought it was slightly wacky with the side things. But I tried it on and loved it. Someday I'll put up a picture of me wearing it. And it will keep my ears warm during the winter!

Then I made cupcakes for cupcake day tomorrow. Apparently every year the costume shop has cupcake day, where everyone brings cupcakes to share during our afternoon break. I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of cupcakes since there are at least 40 people in the costume shop - and that's not counting costume crafts or hair and make-up that will come too!

I made these cute chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter cookie dough on the top.



I found the recipe here: http://www.joythebaker.com/blog/2011/05/chocolate-peanut-butter-cookie-dough-toasted-marshmallow-cupcakes.

They called for meringue on top, but I don't like meringue or frosting cupcakes so i just sprinkled them with powdered sugar and cocoa powder and called it good. I think they're delicious! And I didn't realize until after I made them that they're vegan. Perfect ones for me to make since I rarely keep eggs or milk in the fridge (not that I am vegan, I just don't use them much).

That is my day! Sewing, baking, hats... now if only I'd practiced voice, then it would have been perfect!

1 comment:

  1. You are simply amazing and I want one of those cupcakes!! They look delicious. The clothes look awesome, too, but those cupcakes! Are you sure you don't want to bake instead of sew for a living?

    ReplyDelete