Saturday, March 10, 2012

Time Racing By

Lately I've been feeling a little behind.  Many people my age seem to be graduating, or going or coming back from missions, or married, or even mothers.  I'm doing none of these things.  Sometimes it has me wondering what I've done with my life.  And sometimes the speed at which time seems to race by scares me. 

But in the temple tonight, I was thinking about a conversation I had with my sister the night before and realized that life isn't meant to be raced through.  Sometimes we talk about it like it's a race, but its really not.  My time doesn't matter.  What matters is that I'm facing the right direction and keep steadily moving forward.  Which I certainly am.  And I keep growing and learning and doing my best. 

I need to make time my friend.  I need to love each moment and each experience. I must not compare myself with others.  Everyone has their own timing and experiences.  I am doing my best to follow the Lord and that is enough.  It has to be.  My times will come.  I will graduate.  I will serve a mission (although it may not be till I'm older and with my future husband).  I will marry.  I will be a mother.

 I am living my life the best I know how.  I do feel I'm having the experiences that the Lord had in mind for me.  That is what matters.  Not how fast I graduated, or how young or quickly I married.  What matters is that I am the best me I can be and showing the Lord that I will always put Him first. 



This makes me think of Elder Uchtdorf's talk from last General Relief Society Conference.  If you haven't read it in a while you should read it again.  It's fantastic.  How can you not love Elder Uchtdorf?

No comments:

Post a Comment