Saturday, April 28, 2012

C's Get Degrees!

Today was the first day of finals. 
Already I feel done. 
 And I haven't even taken one. 

I've a lot to do this weekend, studying, wedding showers, and receptions, a social life, and so forth.  Hmm... how am I going to pattern a dress and study for a test with everything else?  

I've just got to keep the right perspective.  I suppose I'm getting too caught up with getting straight A's.  It's like a friend and I always tell each other, "C's get degrees!"  Which is code for, put God and people before doing perfect in school.  Will it really matter if I don't get an A on my finance final?  Will I be kicked out of the Celestial kingdom for not having a 4.0?  Pretty sure the answer is no.  

People and relationships do matter. I don't want to be a world renowned costumer, yet not have true relationships with God, my family, and friends.  They matter, even during finals week.  Luckily, most of my professors understand this. 

 My costume design professor asked me the other day, "So did you get a lot of studying done last night?"

"Not as much as I hoped," I replied, "I went out to get ice cream with a friend and wasn't as productive as I hoped."

And she said, "Good, I'm glad you did that."

So yay for professors who want me to have a balanced life!


P.S. I have no plans of actually getting C's.  I'm sure everything will be fine.  Right now I'm just lacking motivation.  I'm going to blame it on Spring fever.  Any suggestions for staying motivated?

1 comment:

  1. Turn on soothing music and just study for an hour or two until you can take it no more. THen just walk around the block to clear your mind and then try again. Remind yourself that you will see me in less in two and a half more months.Remind yourself that you are almost there and that you can do anything when you put your mind to it!!!!

    ReplyDelete